Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Macklemore- White Privilege (Audio)

This song is from Macklemore's debut album (The Language of My World) which dropped in 2005, before he hooked up with his current producer, Ryan Lewis. I put this up because in recent times, people have made it seem like Macklemore is enjoying an overnight success which he got because he is white. Personally, I do not like his voice and delivery, but his lyrics are very intelligent, and they have made me overlook the parts of him I don't like. On this song, he explains white privilege in Hip Hop...he acknowledges it and gives props to the black people and their culture, but also says there is no reason why he shouldn't make hip hop music, as long as he is real about it. He doesn't rap about guns and drugs cos that was not part of his reality.









Download the track here- White Privilege

You can also check out the song lyrics here- White Privilege Song Lyrics

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar