Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Orly Fowl Play

I like Orly and purple and flakies, so of course I got Fowl Play as soon as I saw it in the Birds of a Feather display this fall. It didn't matter that I knew it was very, very similar to OPI Merry Midnight, which I already had (see Polish Insomniac's comparison here). I just saw the bottle and got all grabby hands.



When I tried it, I stopped at two coats; three might have been better, but two wasn't bad at all.









There happened to be sun while I had this on, so I took Fowl Play outside. Since I spent the majority of my time inside, I was happy to see that the sun didn't make a huge difference with this polish. It might even be a touch prettier inside, where its glow doesn't have to compete with the sun's.



Flakies are great for layering, so of course I had to try that, too. I started with two coats of my favorite blue creme ever, Orly La Playa, and then added one coat of Fowl Play. And lo, it was good.







My Ulta has restocked Fowl Play a couple times now, so you may be able to find a bottle at yours if you haven't already scooped one up. I also checked eBay this morning; there are a some sellers with crazy buy it now prices for Fowl Play, but refreshingly, there are also some with reasonable prices and shipping, so that's an option if you're not close to an Ulta or don't especially like shopping there. (I am still annoyed with them for the rewards change, so still trying to use other sources when I can. I wonder if they've noticed—there have been some good sales and coupons that have drawn me back into the store. BOGO Butter London? Yep, that got me.)

*****


My Halloween Harvest Giveaway is now closed. Thanks to all of you who entered! And welcome to new followers—it turns out this was my 1500 follower contest after all. It'll take me a little while to verify things and make sure everyone who's eligible for extra chances gets them. I hope to be announcing the winners later this week.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar