Well, another day spent shopping at Michaels. I did not even go into the store for this, but quickly I find myself hooked! Once I opened this I knew I had to have it and for $20.99 I could live with that. I have never heard of these planners by Heidi Swapp. I already have my share of planners. At this point what is one more? LOL! So into the cart it went and home to my desk to create some magic!
The page maker that is included
I have to admit, once I got this home and began to play with it, I noticed the poor quality and cut corners. This binder smells strong of some type of synthetic. I really noticed it when I took the protective covering off. I'm hoping with time the scent will dissipate. The holes punched in the filler paper line up but have an extremely snug fit. I found it hard to turn pages. To solve this I am going to enlarge the holes already made. Also I think due to packaging, the monthly tabs were bent. Sadly there is no fixes for that.
Let me assure you, this planner is not all bad. I am in love with it. I think I could do a lot with this. The color scheme is beautiful and the gold accents are a perfect touch. Some serious thought was put into its aesthetics. Every month has its own creative tab. I wish that every month would have had a different color scheme to match the tab, sadly they all are the same. As an entirety the binder matches, but it would have been nice to be able to work with and look at something new every month.
As I began to plan out what I would use this planner for I noticed some things that just did not sit right with me. I don't mind that I have to fill in the dates of the month. I understand that this can be used in any year. I found the dots of the suggested placement to number the months on the lower right hand corner of every boxed day in the month a tad bit unsettling. I'm use to the date being in the upper right hand corner. It's not a deal breaker, it can be worked around or adjusted to.
One thing I don't know if I can get over is the six day weekly spread. You read that right, six day weekly spread. Last I checked the week has seven days and for most monthly calendars the week starts on Sunday and in weekly planners tend to start on Monday. I like that this is numbered but every months is a six day week at a glance and starts on the 1st. As we all know, Monday is not the 1st of every month, and still were looking at six days not seven. That means that one week will always be on two pages. For me that could be a problem when planning things, since I am so use to looking at my weeks in a true Monday - Sunday format. I'm questioning why they did not leave out the weekly numbers and also, why the missing day? I would not have minded Saturday and Sunday splitting a column.
I wish this review was not so negative, but this keeps getting worse, but fixable. I decided to get some additional pieces to go along with this planner and found more issues.
Front
Back
I purchased the four pack of "Pocket Pages" for $3.49 and sadly they were not hole punched. I can punch them myself, but they are advertised being hole punched and ready to insert into the planner.
I also purchased the "Flea Market Pouch" for $5.59 This was hole punched, sadly it was punched wrong! The holes punched do not aline. I have to re punch the pouch. Not that the "Flea Market Pouch" was expensive I just found its contents to be slightly cheep and not worth the money. Also two of the contents were adhered with double sided tape, that I now have to try and remove the adhesive from the inside of the pouch. The contents were 4 tags, 3 sets of sticky not tabs and one small sheet of foam gold stickers. The foam stickers are thick and bulky and I would never use these. I would have liked to have seem more embellishments not just 4 tags. Also the bag is of horrible quality and I don't see this lasting more then two months. I'm sure I could find a better quality one at an office supply store.
I feel like this review is all bad, I assure you that I do like the planner, it is going to take some adjusting and getting use to. This needs some work. This could have been an amazing planner, sadly it's just ok. I give this a 5 out of 10 stars.

0 Yorumlar